What's new

hanging surface bug

hanging surface bug

I had a similar problem creating a double helix (see my post #7 in "Binaries-->broken sub assy"). I did not receive any solution from Alibre Support. But recently I found out that when I lowered the resolution of my display (properties-->display-->curve smoothness) to 64 or lower, the problem was solved. I'm not sure if this is the case with your design but perhaps worth trying.

jbeard

Yep, I was going to suggest the same thing. I have had it happen before and just changing the curve smoothness helped. Didn't really matter whether I increased or decreased it, so long as I changed it.

kdevoe

Here is a .jpg of the part I have had the same problem. This part is a simple filter screen. The triangular surfaces should not be there and they do not show on the 2d drawing.

Kevin

Attachments

• 2165 SCREEN (CIS-1) - Alibre Design Professional(1).jpg
    2165 SCREEN (CIS-1) - Alibre Design Professional(1).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 4,978

Jimpulse

Alibre Super User

Would it be prudent for those affected to post video card/driver info to see if there is a common thread there?

mub

Driver update

I hade a similar problem with my home computer while creating a helical boss. The problem was solved after i updated with the currently newest nVidia driver.

Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 (ASUS)

indesign

Alibre Super User

Same here. Video drivers apparently are the key. DirectX 9c compatabilty is a must. Check the white papers on your card to see if it is fully supported.

I had 3 systems that requires either updated drivers or new cards.

kdevoe

I am using a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 with driver 8.1.9.8. and have Directx ver 9.0c installed.
This problem (more like a little annoyance) has been around in AD since version 6, thats when I started with AD and first noticed it.

Kevin

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Received the following reply from tech support:

**The best way to find out if it's an ACIS graphics generation issue when shading to go to View > Display > Wireframe. If you see that the part looks correct in the Wireframe view, then it is an ACIS issue. It will not affect anything in the part, assembly, or the 2D drawings. Unfortunately this is involving ACIS, which is a third party vendor, so all we can do on our end is to make them aware of it.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Here's what I get with imported files.

It seems to be a display interpretation problem. The surfaces are real surfaces (and can even be used for constraining).

Unlike the other cases with native Alibre files, these surfaces do belong to the part, they're just displayed as transparent from this side. Sometimes, when you look at them from the other side, they're opaque.

This problem does not seem to get corrected by moving the curve smoothness parameter.

Attachments

• linea_2.jpg
    linea_2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 4,773