What's new

Hardware Store - common tools and fixings

Bob

Hardware Store - common tools and fixings

This could be scaled, and there could be several sizes for the welding set-up.

Bob

Attachments

• clamp.png
    clamp.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 11,052
  • clamp.zip
    874.2 KB · Views: 628

hartlw

Alibre Super User

Beautiful. Thanks for making it available as download. I look forward to seeing how it was done.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Another tool...

I found this in the 2005 Xpress design contest submittals. It was entered by grogan5.

I thought it would be a good addition to the "toolbox".
You can read the original post here.
HaroldL

chik

Cose the clamp?

Hello Bob. I was wondering if there is a way to turn the clamp and watch it close and open. Nice work. Very inspiring!

Bob

Thanks for the comments.

No, the screw will rotate but there is no way that I know of to do a helical constraint. I do think that this has been an enhancement request though. I would think that two spirals with the same pitch should be able to be consrained to each other someday.

On another tack, lets get some more postings here, I'm feeling lonely.

Bob

chik

ok

Ok Bob. I have been fidling around with Alibre Express for 2 or 3 months now and just love it. I have figured out how to make a rim and tire but after extensive reading cannot figure out how to make the treads come off the sidewall like they do. Any suggestions? Hmmm When I click on "add attachment" it doesn't let me add it???

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User

Hi chik,

You can't zip up just the assy file, as it cos not contain any model information (other than where they go in the assy).

If you export the assembly as an Alibre Step file, that will contain the parts as well. :D

Regards,

Jordan

chik

Hmm Ok Thanks Jordan. I'm glad to here Bob's comment about getting lonely and would someone please post something.lol As a rookie, My phobia is posting something that might be serious for me but look silly to those of you experts out there. This is so much fun and it helps to know that us little guys count too :lol: :lol: :lol: I would like to learn enough about this software to someday make a living doing this. Many thanks. I'll try another attachment...and when I try to export the file and save it as a " Alibre stp file...that works, but when I try to attach it, T=the forum does not accept it. ??? :?

scarr

Hi chick-never ever fear to post anything relating to Alibre on this forum-there are no stupid questions, and everyone on the forum has asked many questions that might have seemed basic or the answer was obvious to more skilled users, but that's exactly what we're here for, helping each other along the path. It's good to have you on board, and there are plenty of positions out there for skilled 3D modelers, so stick with this and it will take you where you want to go. 8)

scarr

Sorry about the extra C - Chik - In comparison to other CAD applications Alibre almost teaches you how to use it. It is fairly intuitive, and doesn't drag a lot of useless (or seldom used) baggage along for the ride making it much easier to find the tool or command you need instead of making you sort thru five different drop down menus. Just keep asking questions -you'd be surprised how much the rest of us learn because of them.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Re: Cose the clamp?

chik said:
Hello Bob. I was wondering if there is a way to turn the clamp and watch it close and open. Nice work. Very inspiring!

Download this version of Bob's clamp and enter the Precise Placement settings shown here.

Press and hold down the Enter key to set the clamp in motion.

Toggle Reverse to change direction (Space-bar).

Attachments

• clamp-in motion.zip
    883.7 KB · Views: 513
  • Clamp animation settings.jpg
    Clamp animation settings.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 3,317

steved

Re: Associative one piece bearing

Hi folks

I have found this associative bearing quite useful recently, it's not as pretty as a fully modeled ball bearing but it shows up properly in a drawing and has a small file size.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• 608ZZ.stp
    42.2 KB · Views: 213
  • BEARING.jpg
    BEARING.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 275

DJA

Re: Cose the clamp?

Download this version of Bob's clamp and enter the Precise Placement settings shown here.

Press and hold down the Enter key to set the clamp in motion.

Toggle Reverse to change direction (Space-bar).

Not sure what to expect? This what I got! Where do I get the "Precise placement settings"
upload_2020-12-21_14-31-5.png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You need to be in Alibre.

edit: I found that there is a problem with the clmp pad assy that does not allow Precise Placement to work. After suppressing the clmp pad assy it will allow the screw to turn and move up or down.

Last edited: