What's new

Hatch through Multiple Parts

barrykingwill

Hatch through Multiple Parts

If you have a section view cutting through multiple parts, the hatch pattern will automatically change the angle (orientation of the hatch lines) for each part, BUT how do you specify hatch settings per part, say a different pattern althogether, for a different type of material?

Any settings to "Change Hatch" affects all parts in the same way, whether it is the scale or the pattern.

Off topic, but related. Anyone noticed that when printing to a PDF file, you loose all the hatching?

swertel

Alibre Super User

As far as I know, you can't specify the hatch pattern per part.

I put in a request just recently to drive the hatch pattern from the part, rather than the drawing. In more detail, a material is assigned to the part and that corresponding hatch pattern will automatically show up on a drawing when the part is sectioned. Of course, scale and angle will be automatically adjusted so if two aluminum or two steel parts are adjacent, the hatch pattern doesn't run together.

--Scott

barrykingwill

Yeah Scott, I also went back to see if I could specify a material and thereby hope that the Drawing would pick up a different hatch pattern, but to no avail.

Thanks

jreynolds

Hatch through multiple parts

I had a simple assembly yesterday with just two parts. When I tried to use a 3D section, one of the parts went into the hide mode. In the Design Explorer it grayed out as when you hide parts. The parts sectioned fine when doing them in their own parts window, just not in assembly. I had a team session on it, but do not have an answer yet.