What's new

Helix Part

lamar

I am trying to model a helix part but it don't seem to turn out quite like I want it to.
does someone give me any input. When it is modeled the measurements are not all right so there must be something wrong.
I have A PDF of the part and the part file.

Thank for your help.

Attachments

• img051.pdf
    105.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Helical Rod.AD_PRT
    322 KB · Views: 34
Lamar,

The (PDF) sketch is far from complete. What size wire/rod is being used here? The angle between the two 2.02 (inch) legs is defined by two non-true projection angles (164.4° & 160.0°). The .44 (inch) offset dimension in the main view appears to project from the edge of the wire to the corner (not insolvable, just a PITA). The 2.02 (inch) "leg" nearest the helix (suggested to be a nominal 134° sweep -- but not given in true projection) is the basis alignment in the sketch which implies that it is the critical alignment for the part -- but this is implied without being stated.

Merrick's Law of Drafting is that no drawing is complete without a missing dimension. The person providing you this drawing carried that to completion...

neilr

I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet but the one thing I noticed is that in the pfd the axis for the spiral is at an angle and that might be what is throwing you off. I will see if I can figure it out but I wouldn't be suprised if someone else doesn't come up with the answer before I do :)