What's new

Help Alibre Design Tutorial doesn't have the forward and back pages arrow.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi,
I am studying some tutorials and I have the inconvenient that each page does not have its respective page arrow on top right, so I need to go to the main index to connect the next one. Is it a ADV17 bug?
Thanks,
GIOV

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bug - more of a bad design decision. Current Help has a number of issues. Geomagic did initially improve quite a bit in the help, then it took a huge step backwards (information removed, broken links), and generally making navigation harder as you have described. There are new features that are not even in the help.

It's an area that needs some work.

I will argue that the real issue is that there is no more manual upon which such documentation can (and should be) based. One of the things that Generic Software did (in the days before being swallowed and spit out by Autodesk) was to hold an annual contest for the marginalia and yellow stickies from user's manuals to be included in the next generation of said manuals. [Winners got the next update version gratis for their contribution.] It seems like a tradition worth resurrecting to me.

VoltsAndBolts

I like the sound of that Lew.

I actually have a printed copy of the Alibre manual all 465 pages of it.
I must have the PFD of it stashed away some where.
It's from mid to late 2008 or 9 I think.

Last edited:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
People have different opinions, we offer a printed German handbook, spiral bound, 333 pages and the online (free) Flipping book.
So everyone can decide, and I can tell you, more than 20 books a month...