What's new

Help Finding Other Nearby AD Users

rbrian

Help Finding Other Nearby AD Users

Hi - If I want to find and add the user names of nearby (local) AD users - in the Ad home window - under actions - I have to seach with random name guesses - but I can't seem to search by City, Phone Area Code, Zip or Postal Code, etc.!

I would like to see the ability to find other local users - for various purposes: help in completing contract projects, forming a local user group, having an 'offline' forum similar to a user group, increasing buying power of products like 3D Printers or portable CMM Arms as a shared tool, and more.

I think it would be good if this could be included in the software - in the actions - add user - search user - find local user, menu!! If not in the imminent future - could the same thing be created on the company web site? Robert

swertel

Alibre Super User

Many users have tried putting something together on their own. It has never taken off the ground. If you're willing to put the effort in, this may be the way to go.

mr.ska

The easiest way to accomplish this would be to simply create an account on this forum and fill out your profile with your complete location. For example, I know from his profile that Robert (rbrian) is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. But swertel, on the other hand, I can only locate somewhere in Arizona. I'm not proposing putting full street addresses into your profile, but filling out the city, province/state/territory, and country would certainly be a great start.

For what it's worth, Robert, I'm not all that far away, and I know there's at least one more AD user very close to me as well. Drop me a message sometime and we'll see what we can work out regionally.

A

Anonymous

In the Alibre Home window you can select Tools->Options->User Information and then there is a list of items about you that you can make public. Location is one of these. Unfortunately I don't know how to find this public information about other users using Alibre. Maybe someone from Alibre could help out on this thread.

rbrian

Location of Users

But swertel, on the other hand, I can only locate somewhere in Arizona.
Well - From My last trip down there from when I lived in B.C. - I remember Mesa was no small town, So - I think any Rand McNally will answer that question!!
(Also - a quick google search proves my memory right - Beside Phoenix - <5 Mi East of Tempe, Actually!>)

Mesa, AZ US MAPQUEST Map
Just 20 Miles West of Apache Junction - but - I am sure that one would have been less heard of!!

And - Mr.Ska - is here!

Robert is here! (Richmond Hill) !!

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

For sure, on one near to Queretaro :cry:

Just to share, Queretaro is a beautiful city 200 Km north of Mexico City. If any one ever comes near, be sure to let me know :D