What's new

Help Me Understand Alibre Vault and My Options

leeave96

Am I correct that Alibre no longer has a native Vault capability? The option for enabling it appears to be grayed-out on my seat of Alibre. I use to have it via M-Files/Alibre (could have been Geomajic), it's been years and I don't remember.

If Vault is no longer available within Alibre, then I suppose one has to buy a seat of M-Files or some other Vault type 3rd party software - or use the Windows File System?

Back in the old days of Alibre, I use to use the Repository and really liked it. I could change file names and not screw-up file references in assemblies, but most important, when I had a client, I could create a customer specific repository, do a back-up of it and they could restore it to their seat of Alibre. It was a simple/slick way of transferring data. Not sure M-files/Alibre ever had this functionality?

Withing the Windows File System environment and Alibre, can one set-up search paths? Can one export all parts, drawings, etc., associated with a top level assembly drawing?

Aside from buying a 3rd party Vault program (assuming it is no longer available with Alibre), am I stuck with Windows File System? Not the end of the world, just getting back in to Alibre and it would be nice to know my file origanizion options before creating a bunch of files and making a mess of it...

Thanks!