What's new

Hole tool and part configurations

Larry

Created a part - placed a hole using the hole tool. Created a second configuration - made this configuration active and then changed both the diameter and depth of the hole. When I switch between configurations, only the depth is correctly shown for each configuration - the diameter remains at the last entered value. Curious. Anyone confirm this? Perhaps it's my misunderstanding of how configurations, locking works.

Larry

Created a part - placed a hole using the hole tool. Created a second configuration - made this configuration active and then changed both the diameter and depth of the hole. When I switch between configurations, only the depth is correctly shown for each configuration - the diameter remains at the last entered value. Curious. Anyone confirm this? Perhaps it's my misunderstanding of how configurations, locking works.
Larry -- Now there are "settings" in your Configuration definitions that must be set correctly, but that you need to do is to supress the original Hole definition in your second Configuration and define a "new Hole" that replaces it. -- Lew

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Yeah I've never had much faith in making Parameter Values configuration-specific, especially for holes since not all of the variables used to define the hole get their own unique parameter numbers. Like Lew said, I'd be more likely to Suppress the hole in one configuration and put another in it's place, maybe with a few values linked together in the Equation Editor for location and whatnot.

Untitled.png