What's new

Home screen OPEN and IMPORT icons

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Maybe it's just my install, or maybe Alibre decided that most people don't frequently OPEN or IMPORT files. Why on earth would they shrink these important buttons to 12% of the size (18 x 18 pixels) of the other buttons (148 x 156 pixels)? The BOM button for instance, I use BOMs frequently, but I've NEVER used the "Create a New BOM" button. For me it is a 156 x 149 pixel of screen that I don't click on. I'm sure some of you use New BOM all the time.
To give you my perspective, I know I use OPEN way more than 50% of the time. Was it a question of coming up with a pretty picture for a large icon? Just ask; I'll give a suggestion and there are many other here in the forums that may offer suggestions.

Otherwise, 12 has genuine improvements, some are very creative and useful.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Dennis,

Yes, we have asked the Dev. team/Max during the V12 beta and I think in V12.1 we get a better solution. :D

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
ralf3 said:
Hi Dennis,

Yes, we have asked the Dev. team/Max during the V12 beta and I think in V12.1 we get a better solution. :D
Ralf, I guess your answer blew them down flat. And we gonna get one for sure. 8)

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Hmm sorry Toshi I don't speak French. :lol: Nice music though.
But seriously that's odd that they didn't even have an OPEN icon on the home page.
Here a concept for an open icon. (or was that what it looked like before? I can't remember it's been 24 hours!)

Attachments

• open.jpg
    open.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 984

BernardK

Alibre Super User
I think a file cabinet icon is better as File / Open can refer to assemblies, drawings, BOMs etc.

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Sure why not. But my motto is don't complain about a problem unless you can offer a solution. :D

Ralf

Alibre Super User
wathavy4 said:
ralf3 said:
Hi Dennis,

Ralf, I guess your answer blew them down flat. And we gonna get one for sure. 8)

Toshi,
You are confusing something...

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Well, you should not take it for granted that I may be writing the stuff I really thinks.
Just my fingers slipped off my mind, sometime.

Let's focus not on something you might feel odd on what I mentioned, but on the subject.
What we want is the usable icons not these small size.
And those are supposed to be done, hopefully, by V12.1.
That's all we should have focused on, not my unworthy jokes I wrote.

:wink:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
... :D ...
Yes, we need usable icons.

Btw.:
It was not easy to understand the context with a translator :oops: