What's new

How do I create a thread on a a screw?

ftkalcevic

I'm not talking about a helical cut or sweep. I want something similar to a hole with a thread - something that displays as a cylinder, then will report the thread details when I create a drawing of it. Is there any way to do this?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
You mean this?

Attachments

• M10-25-2D.jpg
    M10-25-2D.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 138
  • M10-25-3D.jpg
    M10-25-3D.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 155

ftkalcevic

Is that version 11? I'm still on 10. Unfortuantely the price for maintenance here in Australia is more than what I paid for the original Alibre Standard version, $US550. So I wont be upgrading for a while.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Yes it is V11.1...

Btw.:Since when you out of maintenance? I suspect more than one year.

ftkalcevic

ralf3 said:
Btw.:Since when you out of maintenance? I suspect more than one year.

About 6 months. I paid for 1 year of maintenance to go from 9 to 10. Unfortantely for a standard user I didn't get much in the way of new functionality, and the application was still as buggy as ever. I'll wait for a stable version, then look at resuming maintenance.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Don't take offence. The translation leaves some room for missunderstanding.

He means if this doesn't help then just ignore what he posted.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Oh?
You're welcome.
file.php

indesign

Alibre Super User
:lol:
:shock:
:?
8)
:p
:lol:

:lol: Not sure in that order.....disturbing or just funny.......you decide. :lol:

steveastro

I tend to draw a lot of parts, particularly shafts with nasty shoulders everywhere as section views, then rotate them. Is there no way to use the V11.1 external thread cosmetic tool to detail them ? Looks like it HAS to be a boss extrusion for some God-forsaken reason.

Steve