What's new

How Do I Create Hole On A Boll

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Howdy

I think I did this once in the past, but don't remember how I did it. As shown in the attached screenshot the arrows show the holes (and angle of the holes) I need to place on the ball. Also the holes are all the around the ball.

BallWaterHoles.jpg

Last edited:

batejosh

I would place one hole (perhaps close to the top) upload_2018-9-24_7-17-41.png,
then circular pattern it down upload_2018-9-24_7-18-49.png,
then circular pattern it around upload_2018-9-24_7-20-29.png
to ge this: upload_2018-9-24_7-20-55.png.
Hopefully that helps!

Last edited:

dwc

Alibre Super User
If you need more control, like making the holes more-or-less equidistant in all directions, base the holes on planes that go through the center of the ball. Then you can control the angles and do separate circular patterns with different quantities of holes.
Have fun,
Don

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Yes, that looks like it would work. Expect the ball is on top a tub as shown in ordinal post and the X-Axis is at the bottom of the meaning it does not place the holes on the ball.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The part file is to big to upload here,
Remember -- if a part is too big to upload just roll it back the the first feature and save it. That will reduce the file size substantially and allow you to upload it. All that is needed after download is to save it to a new location and Regenerate to Last Feature, or the one that has the issue.
Your part went from 10,808 KB down to 398 KB when rolled back to the OuterRing.

Easiest way to insert an axis in the ball is to edit its sketch then select menu Sketch>Insert>Axis. The select the center point/node of the arc, click Apply and Close then deactivate the sketch and rebuild the model. Your new axis should be listed just above the Ball in he Design Explorer.

Last edited: