What's new

How do You Work with Alibre Clients?

leeave96

Anyone out there working with clients that also use Alibre?

How do you move files back and forth between your Alibre location/computer and your Client that may be in another state?

The only way I can figure this is workable is to use the WFS system and pass files between each other that way.

Thanks!
Bill

BernardK

Alibre Super User
I don't work with clients in this way, but I regularly transfer files between work and home PC using a memory stick. I use WFS and provided the folder structure on each PC is the same, the transfer is seamless. I use a product called ViceVersa to ensure folders are synchronised.

A problem I do encounter relates to duplicating files so that I can create file sets to work on independantly of the original. My folder structure is to start with a top level folder, then I have sub folders for parts, assemblies, drawings, etc. Drawings reference the part / assembly it is spawned from, BOM's the assembly etc. If I duplicate a folder, the spawned files reference the original, not the duplicate. I usually end up deleting the original, re-instating the file references by opening all the spawned files which can't now find the original. Finally I recover the originals, which should be in tact!

Once over these issues, I find the WFS quite adequate. In view of the comments about the Vault, I've no intention of changing!