What's new

How good is the FEA in AD Pro

ACKDesign

How good is the FEA in AD Pro

I am considering the upgrade to AD Pro. I'd appreciate comments from current users of how useful the plug-in is. I would use it most often immediatley for evaluating deflection of plates under pressure.

lcguias

Hi,

Best thing call Algor.
The version that you will receive with Pro is "time limited" or "feature limited"

Dan

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

If you do simple analysis only, then Pro with the "feature limited" option may work fine for you. If not, then you need to get with ALGOR as suggested.

k5man

I chose the 'feature limited' version because I will never be able to justify the purchase of the full package but would like to be able to play with Algor indefinately. I have been using it for almost two years but I usually have to call Algor every year and get a new license file because mine expires every year on my anniversary date.

Biggest draw-back is the fact that the 'feature limited' only allows you to do linear, elastic analysis of a single part. I can not analyze assemblies. I think that my material choices also may be limited. From what I can tell, DesignCheck only does linear, elastic analysis...no thermal analysis or event simulation etc. More info can be found here:

https://www.alibre.com/products/addons/ ... ncheck.asp

I'm not sure of what the 'time limited' version allows you to do in contrast to 'feature limited' but you can call Ray Deldin at Algor. His number is 800-482-5467 ext 3053. He is very helpful.

Good Luck,
Karl