What's new

How to create a 2D section view?

jaysinn

Let's say I have a collar with threads inside. I'd like to be able to create a section drawing, linked to the Part, which cleanly shows the face of the part but does not show all the stuff behind the face. Here is an example, with the upper drawing being the goal. The middle drawing is the standard section drawing created by Alibre. To create the top example, I used 3D Section view in the Part space to create the top drawing, then I copied and pasted it from Part space into Drawing space. So the upper drawing will not automatically update if the Part changes. (My actual part is much more complex, and the extra lines in the drawing between parts of the section faces make the drawing hard to understand.)

upload_2018-1-29_17-31-12.png

jaysinn -- What you are getting is a tradtional and classic Section View. What you want is a limited broken Section View. When I have run into such a need in the past, I create a Configuration wherein I Cut everything (call it) .005 inch from either side of the "Section" I intend to display, Insert that Configuration into the Drawing and appropriately locate the generated View of that Configuration. [Though I also admit that I would prefer to define my "Section Views" in the Model Space and have them appear (by calling them) in the Drawing Space.]

jaysinn

OK, I understand that process. I was hoping for a native capability, but this can work.
Consider this one resolved.