What's new

How to set default color of layers in 2D environment

ROB101

My check box to "set current settings as the default" is grayed out in the "layers" tab. Is there a way to permanently change the color of a layer? Maybe I'm missing it. The gray color for the hidden lines does not copy well due to being a light shade.

My check box to "set current settings as the default" is grayed out in the "layers" tab. Is there a way to permanently change the color of a layer? Maybe I'm missing it. The gray color for the hidden lines does not copy well due to being a light shade.
Hi Rob -- I am not sure what your "issue" is in detail, but setting Layer Properties is normally accomplished within the Ddrawing Sheet format unit. I am (A) in Pacific Daylight time (GMT-7) and have a GoToMeeting account should you need a "screen to screen" to walsk through this. E-mail me (tangent@olympus.met) with a date and time should this help. -- Lew

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
As Lew hinted, most drawing properties are inherited from the template used.

If you have specific colour requirements for layers, create a custom template and set the layer colours in it. Then going forward use that template to base your drawings on.

ROB101

That's what I originally thought, that maybe I could change the template and that would make the change permanent. For some reason I haven't been able to get that to work. I installed version 21 and the change appears to be permanent now. So either I've been choosing the wrong template before, or maybe reinstalling Alibre reset things, but it's working. Thanks!