What's new

How to undo "Precise section"?

sz0k30

Recently I have been working with imported dead solids and trying to create real 3D parts out of them. Have been having a lot of trouble.

Been trying to find easier way of doing things and I finally think I found it! Create a "Precise section" where I need it, project that section to my sketch and then rotate, extrude or do anything else I want.

The one thing I can't find is how to then undo the precise section to get back to the original full part?

sz0k30

Click on what? No matter where or what I click nothing happens.

In the attached file I have added a Boolean. I created a "Precise section" thru the Boolean. Then I used "Project to sketch" to project this precise section. If I suppress the boolean I get the revolution I want, but only if I hover over Revolution <9> in the design explorer. If I unsuppress the boolean the revolution gets red & X'ed out?

Attachments

• 00434.AD_PRT
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

Nick952

Right click on the Precise Section in the Explorer Tree and Uncheck 'View' (or even delete)

Screenshot 2020-12-30 213810.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-30 214727.jpg

If you can't see the Precise Section in the Explorer Tree, then you need to set it to be active (Set in the Explorer Tree Options)

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You need to create a Package file of your model and upload that. Otherwise it it missing the Boolean part and won't open correctly.

Got To File>Package>Create or Gem>Package>Create

sz0k30

OK guys, got it!!! I don't ever remember using "Precise section", so I didn't have it in my Design Explorer. I would have been looking forever.

Thanks a lot guys.