What's new

Hypershot install problem

Urlep

After downloading Hypershot from Alibre design homepage the executable is started and says error during package verification. I am using windows Vista operating system. The same occurred after 2 retries. Please notify when installation will be possible to download and successfully able to install the software, since it is said in alibre homepage that it is included in package:
"HyperShot is included in: Alibre Design Standard
Alibre Design Professional
Alibre Design Expert" (http://www.alibre.com/products/ap.asp)

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think you may have been confused by the way Alibre set up their web page, it does look a little misleading. HyperShot is not included with AD Standard, only Pro and Expert. If you drag you mouse over the list of Alibre versions you will notice that only Pro and Expert are hyperlinks. And when you click on one of them you are taken to the Comparison page and there it shows that AD Standard does not include HyperShot.

H.
v12

Urlep

Thank you for the prompt reply. However customer decides regarding the information read on the page which is misleading. We have obtained both version standard and professional. The question remains. Why install does not work? Please inform us when the install will work as it should.

Best regards.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Any error during package verification might be because there was a download problem. Have you tried re-downloading the installer?

In another thread here it has been pointed out (for example) that machines with 2 network adapters can be troublesome to install.

If you still have issues, remember that you have 30 days free installation support from Alibre (even if you didn't buy maintenance); contact Alibre support. Others have also found Bunkspeed support very helpful on resolving install issues.

Urlep

I have tried to download again over fixed UTP cable connection instead of the wireless, which i have used two times before. I have also disabled wireless connection. This time the installation have completed successfully. When comparing both downloaded executables, there were two differences in the binaries. Therefore I assume the problem resides in download using wireless connection.

Thank you and best regards, E.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Another user here reported that disabling wireless (to ensure only a single active network connection) was necessary - the Hypershot licence key is bound to the MAC address of the network adapter I believe.

chethan.j

Hello All,

I have installed hyper short in my system, by if I try to open I am getting an error message as networking card can not be found, I have network card inbuilt in my mother board, can any one please tell me what is the exact issue here how can I solve the problem?

Regards,
Chethan.J