What's new

Hypershot WEB version?

ecope

Hello group,

I was wondering if the Hypershot WEB version is worth the $50.00 special Alibre is running until the end of the month? The only thing that I will be using it for is seeing my products in a more realistic seating before I release the project for prototyping.

Thanks for any help!

Eric

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
IF the $50 offer was extended to the UK, I would take it up.

For me Hypershot's biggest benefit is that you can very quickly and easily produce something that looks believable - if you are currently trying to do this with PhotoRender, the time saved would very, very quickly add up to $50.

phoglite

I just paid for the $50 web version and am enjoying playing around with it. My only gripe is that I have current maintenance on AD Expert and the site shows it is part of the Expert suite, but I still had to pay additional for it. Seems like false advertising to me... However, my brief experience with PhotoRender was a joke compared to how much I'm enjoying Hypershot. -Keith

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Keith, I understand your frustration (similar position here!).

I take the view that the $50 offer is a reasonable compromise by Alibre between on the one hand forcing Expert users to pay for an upgrade which we realistically have little choice over, and on the other hand Alibre giving away 3rd party software which they had to buy in.

When you and I bought Expert, Alibre handed some of our money to Lightworks - so it would be quite generous of them if they handed us Photorender for free now!

But don't get me started on what has (not) been done in between times with the support money that should have gone into further development of PhotoRender (especially as Lightworks have had HDRI for some considerable time).

phoglite

Has anyone purchased the HD upgrade? I don't really need it right now but was wondering if there is a discounted price for current customers (and what that price is). -Keith

grabberr

Is anyone frustrated with the window size in the WEB verion?
Hypershot support told me 800x450 is all that is available in the web version, which is fine for rendered output, but come on, scale it for doing work...I have a large monitor that I can't work in a fullsize window since most of the screen is black...

see screenshot...

Attachments

• hprsht.JPG
    hprsht.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 237

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yes - I find the window size a big handicap. I suspect this is deliberate to persuade people to upgrade to HD, even if their final output requirements may not need HD.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
If they gave WEB version users a bigger window to work in, they would be able to do a screen capture of it :wink:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Oh I almost forgot... You can use poor man's zoom to have it fill your screen better. Simply right click Desktop > Properties > Settings Tab > Screen Resolution > 800 by 600 > OK. :wink: :lol:

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Has anyone tried interpolating up the HyperShot Web renders?

I realise this doesn't solve grabberr's problem...

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
MilesH said:
Nate,

Can you use AHK to set screen resolution per application :)

In what way? Change the resolution of the whole pc when that program is active and change it back when not? Change it for only that program window while keeping the rest normal?

MilesH

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
MilesH said:
Nate,

Can you use AHK to set screen resolution per application :)

In what way? Change the resolution of the whole pc when that program is active and change it back when not? Change it for only that program window while keeping the rest normal?
I was thinking of the former. If you can do the latter, I'll be really impressed :)

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Change the resolution of the whole pc when that program is active and change it back when not?
Is easy.
Most of the code already exists throughout my tools folder. :lol: The rest I found with some searching. I'll give it a try when I'm less busy.

Change it for only that program window while keeping the rest normal?
Is difficult. I tried using a zooming script to emulate the resolution change but as Hypershot updates the view there is a noticeable flash of the actual size through the zoomed view.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Here's a quick upsampling test.

Attachments

• Hypershot upsampling test PSP Bicubic.jpg
    Hypershot upsampling test PSP Bicubic.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Hypershot upsampling test Qimage Hybrid 2.jpg
    Hypershot upsampling test Qimage Hybrid 2.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Hypershot upsampling test.jpg
    Hypershot upsampling test.jpg