What's new

I am new to Alibre. I'm about to buy. Need to use it for 3D printing model Trains.

Vman7757

Hello I'm Vincent. I am into model Trains. And I'm looking to create 3D prints for my N scale layout. I notice others drawing for model trains. And I was told I might find them here. I'm a newbie. I could use any and all help. Thanks

Vincent. Southern Pacific N scale Modeler.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Hello I'm Vincent. I am into model Trains. And I'm looking to create 3D prints for my N scale layout. I notice others drawing for model trains. And I was told I might find them here. I'm a newbie. I could use any and all help. Thanks

Vincent. Southern Pacific N scale Modeler.
Are you looking to create 3D CAD models based on your N scale models OR create the 3D models based on drawings of the N scale models?
As a frame of reference, what other CAD programs have you used before and what is your level of proficiency with them?

Ex Machina

If Alibre is capable of designing parts for actual trains, then it is perfectly capable of designing parts for model trains. Sure, based on the tier of Alibre you buy it will be relatively easier or harder, but that's about it.