What's new

I am stuck in a extremely (zoomed out/in) weird position

Brandon

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of making a Boeing 737, and I just lofting the tail when, all of a sudden, I got zoomed out/in of the model. I can't seem to zoom back to my model. I tried closing the software and opening it again, but it didn't work. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what. Everything was completely fine a few minutes ago.

1689094610432.png
Below, I have attached a file of what I have so far with the current position. Please feel free to diagnose the problem if you can.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• boeing_737.AD_PRT
    3.5 MB · Views: 6

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Have you tried hitting the Home key? That will auto zoom the model to show its full extents.

Brandon

Have you tried hitting the Home key? That will auto zoom the model to show its full extents.
I've managed to get it back after clicking the view buttons on the top left, but I have these lines where I don't believe I created them, and they're extremely long. I think that's causing the glitches.

1689095838882.png

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I've managed to get it back after clicking the view buttons on the top left, but I have these lines where I don't believe I created them, and they're extremely long. I think that's causing the glitches.

View attachment 39212

I think your part file is corrupted. I was able to export a .step model from it, but couldn't do anything with the native ad_prt file.

Perhaps you should submit a support ticket, as see if Alibre can do anything with it. If nothing else, identifying whatever caused this may help improve Alibre going forward.

Attachments

• boeing_737 (1).stp
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

IonSteve

I had something similar happen. It absolutely drove me nuts. After a great deal of digging, I found that a single construction line (reference line) in a sketch had somehow been given an arbitrarily long dimension. And although it was a construction line and not a sketch line, it still drives the volume of the part bounding box.

I can't say that this is the same situation, but it is similar enough that you may want to check your individual sketches and see if anything has crept out past the expected envelope.

Brandon

Ah okay, I understand now. I was using quite a lot of reference lines when I was lofting; maybe that caused some corruption.

IonSteve

Ah okay, I understand now. I was using quite a lot of reference lines when I was lofting; maybe that caused some corruption.
Just to clarify--using reference lines is a perfectly normal part of sketching. Use reference lines to your heart's content. My only input is just to be aware that if a reference line projects off into space some distance past your actual part, it can (will?) force the bounding box to accommodate the reference line as well as the part itself.

I don't want you to have the impression that reference lines are inherently problematic.