What's new

I created my model with my Y direction up instead of to the left, how to change it?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Directions in ISO 8855 are with respect to the vehicle. Interestingly ISO 4130 (also for vehicles) seems to contradict ISO 8855 - don't you love consistency....
I have found that quite a lot in various ISO/EN/BS standards David. Probably why so many companies create their own standards which reference parts of each standard that suits them and that they can all harmonise on! ... historically, that's probably based on long standing company practices, documented to meet the requirements of streamlining process and external auditing/certification needs.

ISO 4130 still has Z-Up though, just with X+ and Y+ going in the reverse directions! So neither standards align with Alibre's current fixed co-ord system. Yet more leverage for the ability of the user to select their preferred axis orientation I'd say.

jroy

Jocelyn, not sure why you read my post as ridiculing the request. Pointing out inconsistent standards in the same field tends to support the need for the ability to switch orientations.

It isn't my personal top priority, but I can appreciate why some are so keen for it.
Sorry, must be the holiday stress.