What's new

I have a question about publishing to PDF

rmcard

How is it that I'm able to publish assemblies and 3d parts to PDF but get an error when I attempt to publish a geomagic drawing I get an error message saying that PDF creator is not found?

The 3d PDF assemblies are a pretty cool way to send data to my customer but I would have thought publishing a drawing to PDF is more mundane. It's not a big problem because I have a PDF printer program on my computer that is just fine and is just as easy to use, it's just surprising to me that using geomagic it allows one way but not the other.

JST

Alibre Super User
Same here.

PDF Creator I tried to get, but my virus scanners lit up like christmastime, and I desisted.

So I just installed PDF995, and print to it. Does the same thing, as far as my needs, and no virus problems.

dwc

Alibre Super User
rmcard said:
How is it that I'm able to publish assemblies and 3d parts to PDF but get an error when I attempt to publish a geomagic drawing I get an error message saying that PDF creator is not found?
Why, I can't say, but the 3D pdf creation is internal to GM,
for 2D however you need to print to an external pdf printer.
I had no joy trying PDF Creator, but use PrimoPDF without problems.
Don

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
For 2D PDFs, GD expects to find PDF Creator. You can use other virtual PDF printers, but the 'publish to PDF' button won't work in 2D, you'll have to go via the print dialogue (which respects drawing scale better anyway).

If you do install PDF Creator, be very careful to not accept any of the extra rubbish that it tries to install (there are decline options).

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
:D Salutations :D
I was wondering which one of PDFCreator is the best one, the free version or the purchased version?

The lifetime license sounds good to me. But if there is no real diffidence between them then I will use the free version.

Rocket Nut