What's new

I like Greg's response.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
I like Greg's response.

The following article is interesting, but even more entertaining is Greg's response to the article.

Greg had some good points.

I have a challenge for Alibre: Keep your product affordable. Do like GoDaddy and actually lower your prices each year :!:

Here is the link: http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2006/02/alibre_no_were_.html

EDIT (an afterthought, with the Superbowl coming up...): Alibre Design, the "GoDaddy" of the CAD world. Now, go get some of those spicy Superbowl commercials. :lol: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/superbowl06/timeline.asp?isc=gdh0119

indesign

Alibre Super User

So very true and not a bit of truth stretching. I have engineers telling me they wish their company would change to Alibre quite often. The only trouble they have is old databases full of those proprietary file formats. (guess we know why the old giants are using them)

The engineers, at home designers, garage machinists, and kids who want to do cool stuff are all trying out Alibre with great satisfaction. They are starting out or going out on their own and looking for just what Alibre offers, free software with building blocks to grow with needs.

I have quotes sent to me for machining and I often tell those people about Alibre. I will send them a solid model pic of their part and they want to try to software. The last one bought the full version just days after trying it.

The reply to the salesmen from those other companies would be...I would trade your stock for Alibre's any time.

krisz

I have engineers telling me they wish their company would change to Alibre quite often. The only trouble they have is old databases full of those proprietary file formats.

That is exactly what the problem is. Ones you started using something and the company is sort of built around it it is really hard to change and also train people how to use a different software change the way they work on the day to day basis. Even though it's worth it on the long run. I wish there would be only 1 file format and every CAD software would be able to read it manipulate it and so on. ( I am not talking about .iges or .step) But i guess that won't happen for a long time.