What's new

I need a PDF catalog in NF and UNF of Valves, fittings / pipes.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi all,
I need a catalog where they give the measures of Valves, Fittings and Pipes in NF and UNF which includes the SS material.
Thanks very much in advance!
GIOV

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Try McMasterCarr catalog. https://www.mcmaster.com/ Do a search for your part, click on the part number and download a 2D PDF.
Yes I am using it as well as other very good sources but I am having a clash with the NF and UNF designation and its relation to the classification of the parts.
Can you give me an example?
I need to get the set of pipe fittings and valves for the following 2 designations:
#8 Stor
3/4-16 UNF

#10 Stor
7/8-14 UNF

Here are an example:

1675535901102.png
1675535964910.png

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
It is very confuse for me these designations:
I find this resource and refere to the UNF Thread:

and this chart:

1675541534322.png

1675541709690.png

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Sound like an adapter but I don't find some spec:
Straight thread adapter, port size 10, 7/8"-14 thread UN/UNF2-A, SAE O-Ring Boss connecting to 3/4"-14 thread NPSM swivel thread. Designed for use with fluids in hydraulic applications.
1675544710261.png

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Some have a board that gives the sizes and designation in rows and columns in each standard?
This is very confusing.
I very appreciate that and may be will be a big AD source.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I am having a clash with the NF and UNF designation
Maybe this will help. Personally, I've never heard of the "Nationwide Fantastic (NF), Unified Nationwide Fantastic (UNF)" in the attached link. :confused: I always understood NF to be National Fine and UNF to be Unified National Fine in relation to screw threads. But you learn something new everyday.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Perhaps one of these catalogs will help you out. https://issuu.com/murdockindustrial/docs/eaton_aeroquip_master_catalog_hydra.
I Googled "Aeroquip"
Thanks chiefshoe. I have the catalog Now. I am trying to understand.
Maybe this will help. Personally, I've never heard of the "Nationwide Fantastic (NF), Unified Nationwide Fantastic (UNF)" in the attached link. :confused: I always understood NF to be National Fine and UNF to be Unified National Fine in relation to screw threads. But you learn something new everyday.
Thanks HaroldL,
This is a field of alchemists ... and I humbly try to give a specification of a section that includes fittings, pipes and medium pressure valves in SS. Nothing more.
I thought the hardest thing to do was to design the fuel tank, but this...

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi HaroldL thanks again!. Right now understand the designation between UNTC=UNC=NC=Unified National "Thread" Coarse and UNTF=UNF=NF= Unified National "Thread" Fine.
Now I like understand the pipe, fitting and Valves designation size. I know some thread are tapered and other no, so what is the relation between the Nominal size and ID or OD.
I do like find the appropriate I.D, the wall thickness, the material spec. and of course fit each other with appropriate threads.
What is the definition of Nominal Pipe Size?

Last edited:

Earl53

Yes I am using it as well as other very good sources but I am having a clash with the NF and UNF designation and its relation to the classification of the parts.
Can you give me an example?
I need to get the set of pipe fittings and valves for the following 2 designations:
#8 Stor
3/4-16 UNF

#10 Stor
7/8-14 UNF

Here are an example:

View attachment 38444
View attachment 38445
Try this page. There's no PDF but there are dimensions. https://www.gewinde-normen.de/en/unified-fine-thread.html

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Hi Giov -- Pipe Fittings use Pipe Threads not Unified National Threads. I am not certain where it would be located in this "reformatted forum," but I have created a library of "BOOLEAN Pipe Threads" that allows you to show the taper for either "NPT" or "NPTF" male or female threads. ??? -- Lew
Welcome back to the forum Lew!

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Giov -- Pipe Fittings use Pipe Threads not Unified National Threads. I am not certain where it would be located in this "reformatted forum," but I have created a library of "BOOLEAN Pipe Threads" that allows you to show the taper for either "NPT" or "NPTF" male or female threads. ??? -- Lew
Welcome back Lew.
I searched in resource as "BOOLEAN Pipe Threads" and I don't find anything, so will be good if yo put again this library file.
I find only "Alibre UN Threads" and "Alibre US ACME Threads"
Please add some image to define all variable or measure of the pipe and its threads and check the Earl53 link.
Thanks in advance!
GIOV

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Included is my alibre thread data file which includes BSPT (Rc), BSPP (G), NTP, UNEF, UNS, Met & Imp Locknuts, ACME, BSW, BSF and the standard ones if this is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• AlibreThreads.zip
    493.3 KB · Views: 4