What's new

Iges Scan file Problem

kev h

Hi :)

Just wondering if anyone can help?

I have sent a farely simple punch to cmm for reverse eng so that i can machine a new one but iges is all they can give me and is just a 2d curve.

This file will not load into Alibre , i am assuming that this is because it needs to be a solid or surface.

They say it should load into Rhino , Pro e and Catia fine, why not Alibre??

Downloading Rhino eval to try now.

Cheers Kev :cool:

Attachments

• SCAN.Igs
    74.3 KB · Views: 5

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Kev,

I could open it in Acrobat - though couldn't do anything useful thereafter. The profile has a big gap on one end of the 'bow tie', I suspect this is why it won't import as it isn't closed and hence doesn't define a surface.

I guess a wider range of imports of 2D formats into the Alibre drawing space would be helpful. Hopefully someone can translate this for you.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
It will open in Rhino and in BobCad. It is just a 2d drawing. Couldn't open in Alibre.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Had another fiddle. Imported into MoI, added a line to fill in the gap, extruded to solid. Saved. Was able to import into Alibre (had to mess about a bit with import settings).

Someone more expert with MoI (hello Ralf!), may be able to point out simpler way to do this.

kev h

Thanks guys for help , i dont believe this but dug out my old v16.1 Bobcad wire as suggested and loaded straight away then saved as dxf .

Still cant quite believe it!! Bobcad doing something Onecnc and Alibre couldnt do :eek: :eek: :eek:

Didnt bother installing Rhino , save that for another day. :)

Cheers Kev :cool: