What's new

I'm Back...Again!

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
So as the economic situation bounces up and down I'm finding myself in and out of work. I got laid off from RIVCO again around Easter, but yesterday my super asked me to come in to do some revision work to our '09 Harley centerstand, so here I am. Hopefully I'll be sticking around for awhile. 8)

Otherwise I've been good, Wisconsin unemployment kept me afloat well enough to pay my bills & afford to go racing. Currently leading in Midwest Nitro Series points for Open Short Course after two rounds, not bad considering my truck is set up according to ROAR rules, so I'm only using about half the motor & tires I'm allowed in Midwest Nitro. Next race is way down in Tilton, IL at Jtec Raceways on June 20th. Looking forward to the race; the 4 hour drive there not so much, hehe.

Also recently started going out with an awesome girl, Alisha. My Old Man's a veteran GM tech, her dad's a veteran Chrysler tech, I'm into desert racing, her whole family is into Jeeps and trail runners...My Old Man took my mom to Hales Corners Speedway on their 2nd date, I took Alisha to "The Track" at Harbor Hobbies on our 3rd date and we set her up with the house-owned rental truck. She had a total blast and took 2nd place in her A-Main, first time she'd ever driven a hobby grade R/C. I love watching the TruTV channel and police video shows, she's in college majoring in criminal justice for forensic science stuff. Does this chick sound perfect for me or what?!? :mrgreen:

Anyway, feels good to be back at work doin' CAD on Alibre. How's everyone else been? :D

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hey Mike,

I am happy, you're back. :D
Now we can have more fun (again) and you can believe me,
it`s not an easy task to deal with the "Old boys" like Nate, Toshi, Miles, Jordan... :lol: :lol: :lol:

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
ralf3 said:
Hey Mike,

I am happy, you're back. :D
Now we can have more fun (again) and you can believe me,
it`s not an easy task to deal with the "Old boys" like Nate, Toshi, Miles, Jordan... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey! My feelings would be hurt if I didn't have such a huge ego! :p

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh btw, speaking of my R/C stuff I don't think you guys've seen the new race truck:

Out with the old (2008 Traxxas Slash)
FILE0037.jpg

And in with the new! (2009 Associated SC10)
FILE0041.jpg

Yeah, laid off but STILL dedicated to racing 8) This baby rocks too, most of its design comes from Associated's current stadium truck, the RC10T4, so a lot of the parts are compatible. I still had my fully-optioned T4 sitting around, so when I built this SC10 I stole all the trick pieces off of my T4 as I went. I've been referring to it as "the Factory Team edition SC10 that Associated hasn't made yet" :wink:

P.S.: the Slash is for sale, if anyone's interested. Will come as a rolling chassis + extras, asking $175

swertel

Alibre Super User
Maybe the next time I'm back in WI (usually MKE or GRB) I'll have to take a look at your rig. But I'm most likely going to be wasting my money on airplanes and helicopters before cars & trucks.

Welcome back. Don't let the future Mrs. Missile know you hang out with guys like us. Where is she going to school? MATC, UWM, or somewhere else?

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Carroll, but a couple weeks ago she moved back in with her folks for the summer. She's only down by me during the school year, her family lives back up north of the Green Bay area, towards Crandon. Just what I need, another long-distance girlfriend :cry:

If you're coming to Milwaukee, "The Track" is in Winthrop Harbor, IL. It's only about a mile below the state line, and every couple of weeks they hold an outdoor night show in the parking lot. Up towards Green Bay there's a place called Dirt Heaven, the indoor track there is awesome but I'd love to run their outdoor track, I've never even seen pictures of it but I hear it's a blast.

swertel

Alibre Super User
When I was going to school at MSOE, my favorite local colleges were Alverno and Mt. Mary. All women's schools FTW! The fact that I was the drummer in a cover band that played at those two venues helped with my enjoyment. Never did much with Carroll College.