What's new

I'm going to start a collection

GaretDH

If I get enough of these, maybe I'll wallpaper my office in them. I feel like I'm just as familiar with this window as I am with the startup window

Attachments

• AlibreErrors.png
    AlibreErrors.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 200

bwshop

Here is another one for your wall Am getting a lot of them . And they are a lot of PAIN and frustration

Attachments

• Another one.jpg
    Another one.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 138

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
It would benefit users with these problems if we could develop skills and relationships on web sites that might help determine the nature of errors.

I took a spin on the web trying to lay some groundwork but mostly ground to a halt with installing "WinDbg" and have to move on.
No one may want to spend time diagnosing a fail (and I rarely get a system fail unless I churn memory too long without closing Alibre or load too much into memory and eat OS dirt) but for these users the benefits are plain.

I'll try to point out paths that might lead to some answers - and hope someone can post up a best practice for users like these.

When this dialog is presented:

Some detail can be reviewed in the System "Problem Reports and Details":

(3 months ago - not bad).

(Relationships on websites)

The Win 7 forum http://www.sevenforums.com (Currently Active Users: 7029, 191 members and 6838 guests) is very useful and active.
It contains forum links to Vista (There are currently 1401 users online. 27 members and 1374 guests) and Win 8 (2328 users online. 98 members and 2230 guests) all late at night.

XP users are respectfully answered as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• Windows is checking.jpg
    Windows is checking.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,371
  • APPCRASH.jpg
    APPCRASH.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 88

bwshop

Hi RCH_Projects
I can't even find System "Problem Reports and Details": In my Win 8 system
bwshop

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Mark,

Windows 8 -> Control Panel -> View by: Small icons -> Action Center

Attachments

• Action_Center.png
    Action_Center.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Action_Center-1.png
    Action_Center-1.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 26

bwshop

Hi Raly
Thanks for the reply I got that now. But what next to find Problem Reports and Details
Thank you bwshop

Ralf

Alibre Super User
bwshop said:
Hi Raly
Thanks for the reply I got that now. But what next to find Problem Reports and Details
Thank you bwshop

Attachments

• Action_Center-2.png
    Action_Center-2.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 52

bwshop

I got that Ralf I also can find it . But how do I find my problem and solve it Probable a dump question but I am trying to learn on solving some of my own problems
Thank you bwshop

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
bwshop said:
I got that Ralf I also can find it . But how do I find my problem and solve it Probable a dump question but I am trying to learn on solving some of my own problems
Thank you bwshop

The "Stopped Working" dialog would create an entry (in Vista) unless you "Cancel".

BSOD (Blue screen of death) issues are widly handled in specialized forums.
Lockups and dumps less so.
An individual hardware or (system?) software issue is so vexing "some kind" of trouble shooting procedure is desirable.
Maybe it is futile without GD support but it does not preclude individual effort. Support can chime in anytime :wink: .

Someone at the above listed links might offer some insight (to share here) for future use by all who need it.
My problem is - that I don't have a problem to troubleshoot :? except the software to read dumps.

Create a dump file at any point a software locks up or fails using the "Windows Task Manager".

Software to analyze these evade me (a mainframe dump I could handle :? ).

Sometime, someone may find or fill in the missing pieces. If they can, we might be able to stabilize some of the issues.

Attachments

• Dump File - Create.jpg
    Dump File - Create.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Dump File - Location.jpg
    Dump File - Location.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 917

GaretDH

And another.

I can sometimes tell when GM is about to crash because it stops following its own rules. Forgetting how to apply constraints and such. Refuses to refresh. Selecting items doesn't actually select them.

Starts feeling like a senile old man.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 7

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
GaretDH said:
I can sometimes tell when GM is about to crash because it stops following its own rules. Forgetting how to apply constraints and such. Refuses to refresh. Selecting items doesn't actually select them.

Starts feeling like a senile old man.

Bail out without a save when that happens - clean boot.
Maybe not now, but down the road it can introduce fatal error - an altogether senile assembly (just got it :shock: ).
Better an error message than a mess.

wildwood58

I will testify to updates of drivers, I'm going into sixth day without freeze and death loop since I updated, chipset, graphic & wifi drivers

bigseb

Alibre Super User
wildwood58 said:
I will testify to updates of drivers, I'm going into sixth day without freeze and death loop since I updated, chipset, graphic & wifi drivers

That's good to hear! :D