What's new

Importing a PDF blueprint

Art K

Hi,
I have a PDF photo of a blueprint and would like to import it into Alibre and arrange it so that I can determine dimensions. The print states that it is in 1/2 scale. I did go to open and the location and have it in Alibre, but it is upside down and backwards and maybe a 10 degree angle. Can I go and draw a line on the centerline of the print on the X & Y axis and constrain it that way. Or can I just not do what I'm trying to do?
Art

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Since there is no photo/image editing function in AD, that I can find, you're best bet is to open it in a photo editor to flip and rotate it to horizontal/vertical. Then open it back in Alibre to measure the features.

wsimonton

I use a 2D program (in my case Visual CADD) to insert a jpg (often exported from Adobe Acrobat) into the drawing space. Then I align the drawing by rotating as necessary. Then scale the drawing so that the scale/measurements in the drawing match (both X and Y).

Then drawing in the CADD program over the jpg with lines which match the jpg and dimensions.

Then exporting the CADD drawing in AutoCad format and importing into Alibre. A lot of work but I have used it numerous times when trying to recover curves and other unspecified dimensions.