What's new

Importing points airfoil points into a 2D sketch

MikeJ

Hey Guys,
I must be doing something wrong - but so far, I cannot import my data. As far as I know I have a csv file in UTF-8. When I navigate to the file on the import screen - it shows "zero points detected" and the import button "OK" remains greyed out.

my data file is in mm with (up to) 5 decimal places. Is that the problem? I have just reduced the decimal places to 2 - makes no difference.

Appreciate any help

Mike

Attachments

• Foam1 root-fx67k170-il test old computer.zip
    901 bytes · Views: 20

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
You can't have your Camber line and Chord line sections along with the rest. Each section needs its own CSV without headers.

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Copy your foil data to a notepad file .txt. without as Nate said the cord lines ect.
Open a new sketch in in model space an do as shown at the picture, its the easy way to make foils instead to fumle with csv files.
When the sketch is extruded you can scale the foil to wanted cord. Foil-Ukendt.JPG

flytyer96

Copy your foil data to a notepad file .txt. without as Nate said the cord lines ect.
Open a new sketch in in model space an do as shown at the picture, its the easy way to make foils instead to fumle with csv files.
When the sketch is extruded you can scale the foil to wanted cord. View attachment 39191
Is this procedure available in Atom 3D?