What's new

Improvements on graphics in Alibre

jianchang

Improvements on graphics in Alibre

Hello,

I would like the users give me a list of how would you expect to improve the current graphic capabilities in Alibre. Please be more specific on your ideas.

Any ideas on lighting, colouring, texturing, etc. are welcome.

For example, when metioning colour by face/feature, I would like to hear the details, such as what kind of UI do you want: add one item when right click a feature in the feature tree as "color feature", or there are othere better ways you can think of? Do you want to change feature color in the part modeling only or assembly modeling?

wathavy4

Alibre Super User

At least I want colored surface for thread if the surface are going to be treated as the thread in the drawing as well.

Should be automatic, too.

lens_cad

Just for the sake of appearance, I would like the edges in the shaded views to appear uniform thickness. The edges in transparent shaded mode are all uniform and thin, but when just the visible edges are shown, some are displayed thick and some are thin and some don't seem to appear at all.

Len

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Re: Improvements on graphics in Alibre

jianchang said:
Do you want to change feature color in the part modeling only or assembly modeling?

It's absolutely essential that all Part modelling functionality is also available whilst modelling within Assembly. There are quite enough lacunae with regard to this, already... :wink:

lwm

this may not be quite what you're asking about, but I would like to have the option of highlighting all the parts in an assembly that are not fully constrained. I find that sometimes I forget to fully constrain a part, and then later on it moves away on me.

Lorne

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

I would like the ability to change the lighting source position, and maybe the intensity. Sometimes I have a good view to work on the model, but the shadows are preventing a good look at all of the features.

jianchang

Re:

Can you provide more details about your requirements?

1: what kind of ui to control the lights?
solidworks has lights listed in the feature explorer, do you prefer the same ui control or you can have better idea?

2: is there anyone using solidworks' texturing and coloring tools? how is your impression on those tools?

jwknecht said:
I would like the ability to change the lighting source position, and maybe the intensity. Sometimes I have a good view to work on the model, but the shadows are preventing a good look at all of the features.