What's new

In drawing - dimension, show Diameter , show Radius

MCATI

In 2D drawing, sometime I want to show Diameter, and sometime want to show Radius; but seems Alibre does not give you the choice which you want to show.

If anyone know how to shift between Diameter or Radius,

Thanks

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure diametrical mode is set to 'Smart' in the drawing template - Alibre will use its best guess to decide which of Ø or R to offer. To force the other option hold down the Shift key when first applying the dimension to target feature.

MCATI

Make sure diametrical mode is set to 'Smart' in the drawing template - Alibre will use its best guess to decide which of Ø or R to offer. To force the other option hold down the Shift key when first applying the dimension to target feature.
Thank you So much! For 3 years, first time know!

And who is collecting these "wonders" for the "1001 Slick Tricks for Alibre" newsletter??? -- Lew

JST

Alibre Super User
Dang, where is THAT in the help?

I see that even works on arcs, such as what Solidworks does circular surfaces as.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It should be postedHERE. But then someone has to actually look there to find it. I look thru some of the posts there and find a nugget once in a while.