What's new

Inconsistent Face-Body Relationship

bbanna

I made a cone shaped object. I then revolved it around an axis. I realized I made a mistake and had to remake the cone. I deleted all the steps in making the cone and started over. Now when I try to revolve the cone shape 360 degrees I get an error "Inconsistent Face-Body Relationship.

If I were to revolve it 359.9 degrees it makes the shape, but it is not a complete shape because of the 0.01 degree it did not revolve.

How can I fix this error?

I am going to shut the program down and restart and see if that fixes it.

Brian

bbanna

Nope, shutting the program off and restarting did not help. Any help on sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

bbanna

I was able to make a work around. I made the cone with a small hole down the center and then after the 360 degree revolve operation. I fill the hole with an extrude operation.

Brian

Mibe

Alibre Super User
No need for that hole.

Just make sure the vertical line in the cone is vertical (constrained) and coincident with origin. It it is slightly skewed or not in center different errors can occur when trying to revolve 360'.

Could you post the model that fails and the model with the hole that succeeds, I'd like to see the difference for myself, just to learn?