What's new

Incorrect icon - Displaying lines?

Lukin

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I am using the black display mode as shown in the image below.

1673197989516.png

I think the line sequence is wrong when I want to change the line from "normal" to reference or the other way around. I think the icon should have a full line first and then a striped line. And if I want to change the other way around, then of course the reverse sequence to the one described above.

Do you agree?

I have clicked through all the color display modes and I see a similar mistake with them. The mistake doesn't limit me in any way in my work now (I've already got used to the icon position), but maybe in the next version it could be corrected.

I apologize for the text in the picture in a language other than English (I use AD in my native language).

Thank you and I wish everyone a nice and successful day.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Mine works fine, and in accordance with what is indicated by the button.

The top button shows an arrow indicating that a solid (regular) figure will be converted to a dashed (reference) figure. The bottom button shows the opposite.

Select a regular figure from within a sketch, and the top "convert to reference figure" button becomes active, and clickable.

Select a reference figure from within the sketch, and the bottom "convert to regular figure" button becomes active.

Both buttons are converting the correct figure type, to the correct figure types for me, on my computer.

1673230650862.png

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I think the line sequence is wrong when I want to change the line from "normal" to reference or the other way around. I think the icon should have a full line first and then a striped line. And if I want to change the other way around, then of course the reverse sequence to the one described above.

I raised this with QA and it was identified to be unique to the sheet metal workspace. We have it on the roster to swap the locations of these icons in the future.

Lukin

Yes, it's exactly as you write Max. In the working environment of the "part" it is as user Ken226 wrote. However, I didn't see at first that there is a difference between "sheet metal" and "part".

Now after your notice everything is clear.

Thanks to user Ken226 for his reply. And thank you Max and the AD development department for your great work in SW development.