What's new

Inserted Planes and Their Referencing

Something seemingly very basic here that I must be messing up.

I've inserted some planes, and they are unable to be selected as references in a sketch. I'm sketching on a flat face, the "edges" of the planes are perfectly visible. I wish to constrain a circles center, to the intersection of said planes and yet this seems to be a no go. What is going on?

Last edited:
Further info.

If I place axes that are the intersection of these planes then they are selectable as references. This is a bit annoying. They are literally labeled "Reference Planes" in the program?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You sketch on the planes and can reference/dimension to reference axes.. One of the shortcomings of Alibre that I think there has been a request put in to allow dimensioning to planes without having to create a reference axis.

You sketch on the planes and can reference/dimension to reference axes.. One of the shortcomings of Alibre that I think there has been a request put in to allow dimensioning to planes without having to create a reference axis.

Yeah IMHO, it would be much better if they just handled the projection of the intersection of reference planes and sketch surfaces as the "reference axis", if that is how they want it ( I'm sure its not as easy as it sounds :) ). Then one could seemingly constrain, dimension, etc... sketches without having the cumbersome extra steps of inserting reference axis on top of "reference planes". I assume actions taken are tied to number of request for a particular feature? Is there a vote system somewhere for proposed features in the Forums?

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Submit any suggestions to Support. I think it gets put on a list somewhere. No voting that I'm aware of.