What's new

Install update - cannot connect to server

I tried to update from Alibre Exp V24 to V27 sp 1. Since the "check for updates" is able to figure out that V27 sp1 is the one I should take, there is a connection to the server. For the actual install, it tells me, it couldn't connect to the server. This tells me ?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Are you running Windows 7?

Windows 10 or higher is required both to make the connection to the server and to successfully run v27.

You can manually download from https://www.alibre.com/downloads/ but will still require at least Win10 to run v27.

v25 was the last version which runs under Win 7.

Ah, Thanks. Naa, I'm still at Win7. Will I still be able to download V27 in case my subscription runs out, or do I have to download it before ?
Just tried .. V25 is also not downloadable, neither v25, nor V25sp1. I'll try manually.
I see, I cannot feed the manually downloaded one into the internal update process. Meaning there is not provision to select a file.
I tried to move the file into the C:\ProgramData\Alibre LLC\Alibre Design\updates directory. To no avail.

Last edited:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Ah, Thanks. Naa, I'm still at Win7. Will I still be able to download V27 in case my subscription runs out, or do I have to download it before ?
Just tried .. V25 is also not downloadable, neither v25, nor V25sp1. I'll try manually.
I see, I cannot feed the manually downloaded one into the internal update process. Meaning there is not provision to select a file.
I tried to move the file into the C:\ProgramData\Alibre LLC\Alibre Design\updates directory. To no avail.
Yes, you can download V27 please take a look:

Please do not use the Win 7 workaround, because there are some unforeseeable restrictions.
Use Windows 10 or 11 64-bit with all updates and optional updates.

Last edited: