What's new

Installation Problem

Steve_S

Installation Problem

I just purchased my first version of Alibre Design (Expert) 8.2 recently (this week). I am unable to install it.

I repeatedly get the following error message:

"Failed to extract 'license agent' from the binary table"

Here's what's listed in the Alibre Knowledge base:

When I install Alibre Design, I receive the message: InstallShield error while installing Alibre Design: failed to extract 'license agent' from the binary table.
This error can occur when Windows Installer is unable to complete setup due to lack of disk space. Please delete all temp (*.tmp) files on your system partition. Next, browse the Alibre Design CD-Rom. Expand the Alibre_Design folder. If you have a Windows NT or 2000 system, please double-click to run instmsiw.exe. Otherwise, double-click instmsia.exe. This will re-install Windows Installer. Once complete, re-run the Alibre Design installation.

There is no "instmsia.exe" included on the Alibre 8.2 installation disk so the solution there is not an option. I suggested that Alibre update this information immediately to account for the discrepancy.

My operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2. I have over 50 GB of unused space on my hard drive. I've installed everything listed in the requirements including the recommended versions of Microsoft virtual machine and Direct X.

I've even disabled Norton Security, deleted all Alibre associated files from my system registry and rebooted several times, all to no avail.

Can anyone familiar with my problem be of assistance with this? Otherwise, I'm requesting a complete refund simply because I cannot install the application on my system.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Computer: Gateway ATXAEG LX2 700XL
Manufacture Date: 07/12/02
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
File System: NTFS
Hard Drive Size: 120 GB (disk - 26 % full)

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 (11/09/04)
Memory: 128 MB
Bios Information: Version 4.25.0027

PERIPHERALS
Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless
Monitor: Wacom Cintiq 18SX Interactive Pen Display
Scanner: Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL
Printer: Epson Stylus Photo 2200

SECURITY SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus & Firewall: Norton Internet Security 2005
Spyware: Webroot Spy Sweeper 2

jemmej

I just checked my Alibre Design Pro 8.0 disk and it does not have the reference file either.

Have you filed a support incident? That's probably the fastest way to get assistance. Alibre's support is quite good. Additionally, have you tried calling tech support?

Jim

aa68

If anybody is ever having trouble installing Alibre software, please contact our Support Team and we will help you solve the problem. You can do this by phone (Phone: 972-671-8492 or Toll Free: 1-877-525-4273), by email (support@alibre.com), or by signing into the Alibre website and creating a Support Incident (Support tab> Report Support Incident).

Steve_S

Thanks for the tip, but I did just that. I was not satisfied with the slow response time (for whatever reason - limited number of support personnel, unfamiliar with the problem,etc.) and wanted to get up and running as soon as possible. I was just attempting to increase my chances of finding a solution quickly.

Steve_S

With the help of your support team I finally found the solution. Apparently, I 'corrupted' the Windows installer program and that was causing the error message to repeatedly appear.

In order to get things working right, I first had to run the 'uninstall.exe.' program located in the Alibre Design 1/applications/support files folder. Once that was completed, I ran the 'isscript1050.msi' which Alibre support emailed to me as ' isscript1050.msi.extension'. I was instructed to delete the '.extension' and run it to get the Windows installer running properly. After that, I needed to reboot my system, because the first time I did the first two steps and proceeded to the install, the error message still appeared.

This is obviously not a typical problem that end users run into just to install an application. But, should someone else experience the same problem, I hope this will be of some help in getting Alibre installed.