What's new

Installing HyperShot

steved

I have had two attempts downloading Hypershot today but on each occasion I get the attached error when I try to install, how can I get around this.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• error1335.gif
    error1335.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 6,144

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Steve,

What is the size of the HS 1.9 file, after you've downloaded?
I guess the download is not complete...or the wrong download file....

Please try:
- 32bit version ( 170 MB) : http://www.bunkspeed.com/installs/hyper ... 1.9150.exe

- 64bit version ( 172 MB) : http://www.bunkspeed.com/installs/hyper ... 1.9150.exe

...or:
This error message can also occur under the following circumstances:

A. If you have an anti-virus application enabled during installation
B. If you are running Windows XP and have Norton Firewall on during the download and/or installation

The solution to (A) is to disable the anti-virus application during the installation of the program. That is, leave the anti-virus application on during the download of the LifeJournal demo, but disable the anti-virus program during the installation of the demo.
The solution to (B) is to disable the Norton Firewall during the download and the installation. Windows XP has a built-in Internet Connection Firewall that you can enable while the Norton Firewall is disabled. To enable the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall:

A. Open Network Connections (click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections).
B. Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
C. On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I just had the same install problem and error message with the 32-bit Hypershot downloaded today from Alibre's download page. I'm using Norton 2009 and tried disabling bot the Norton firewall and anti-virus with no change. The Hypershot install still fails with the same message.

Any other ideas?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
MikeHenry said:
I just had the same install problem and error message with the 32-bit Hypershot downloaded today from Alibre's download page. I'm using Norton 2009 and tried disabling bot the Norton firewall and anti-virus with no change. The Hypershot install still fails with the same message.

Any other ideas?

Have you contacted support@bunkspeed.com yet? If not, try to get in touch with Jeff McCartney. He was very helpful in working through the install issues for my laptop. (HP NW9440, XP Pro 32 bit.)

One thing that he pointed out is that if you have more than one network connection on your computer, you may have to disable all but one. (Control Panel>Network Connections >Right click on the connections and select "Disable" from the pop-up menu.)
Since Hypershot is "linked" to the network card at a specific MAC address it may get confused if there is more than one connection.

Just a thought...

H.
v11.2

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Thanks Harold. There are several PCs on our home network and the Alibre/Hypershot is the main network PC, or at least it hosts the network connections. I'll try Bunkspeed and see what they say.

Mike

tmay

Re: Installing HyperShot, activation screen

I just purchased Expert and I downloaded and installed all of the components. When I tred to launch Hypershot, I got an application window asking me to Buy Now, Try Now, or Activate Now.

When I selected Activate Now, I got a window that indicated that Hypershot could not fine the license file, and it requested a serial number, which I wouldn't have.

Today I received the disks, uninstalled Hypershot, and reinstalled off the the disk. I looked like it accepted the input fine, but now when I try and launch Hyperworks, I get the same Activation window as previously. I haven't RTFM, but it doesn't seem like it is working as intended.

Any Ideas for resolution would be appreciated.

tom

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
My experience is that you do need a 'product key' / serial number to get Hypershot to work - it also requires that the PC has an internet connection when you activate it. If you don't have a product key, I suggest you ask for one.

mshideler

Stupid question...i think...

When I downloaded Hypershot Web I did get the Key from Alibre's download area right where the link to download is.

The next clickable link from the Hypershot download (32 bit or 64 bit) it says 'Get a license'. When I click on that it takes me to my license page for Hypershot from Alibre.

This applies to Hypershot Web in my case.

plish

My bad. By same problem I meant the same problem that the first entry in the thread has; the error with the 'corrupt' cab.

Thanks,

Plish

cherkey

Hello,
So, all I need to do now after installing HS, is wait for the email with my license info in it?
Thanks,

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
If you got it from Alibre the quickest way is to sign in to your account and go to the downloads page and right next to the Hypershot download click "Get a license". Give them some time to process the purchase first though.

cherkey

Well, that's what i thought I was reading in some other post, but I don't see that link any where....hmmm

cherkey

Sorry all, my misunderstanding. I thought it was included with Pro, but it needed to be purchased to be included with Pro...What happens when the demo ends?
Thanks,