What's new

Integration AD <-> SprutCAM ??

allibre

Integration AD <-> SprutCAM ??

what are your experiences about that question?

What happens, if you have to redesign some details of a part, that was already exported to SprutCAM?

Is the connection between them dynamic or static?

Have I to repeat all the preparations in SprutCAM again?

Thx Werner

krisz

Hi Werner

Yes you do have to repeat the preparation. If you mean setting up your zero location and stuff like that under preparation. But that makes sense too because if you change something on your part in Alibre than your part will be different so your zero point location wil be in a different spot for example.
Visit my website for more info about Sprutcam and for tutorials.

allibre

Hi Krisztian,
thanks for your reply.
Of course there could be a need for correcting some details of the preparations (that is in my opinion not only the zero point, but also the processes with the connection to the different areas of the model etc). But in fact I believe that the most things could nearly ever stay unchanged. Mostly you have only minor changes or additions to a given model like forgotten filleting or similar things and that should not throw you back to the beginning.
Another argument for dynamic connections is the parametric design from Alibre. I have part families to mill. If the connection would be dynamic, I would only update the design in Alibre with the Excel-plugin and update my design in Sprut. In my dreams that should be all I have to do for getting an updated NC-code.

On the other hand (please forgive me for the name of an competing product) Sprut announces the connection with SolidWorks as dynamic. They say that you can continue to design on the model at the same time it is opened in SprutCAM. That is at least, what I'm looking for. But SW is too expensive for me.
Is there any hope, that Alibre will get a similar functionality soon?

Werner

krisz

I think so yes.
They are working very hard on that software to make it better, every day. I do belive that there will be a dynamic connection in between Alibre and Sprutcam in the near future. Sprutcam is really good at listening to their customers requests and make changes in their software to make sure all their customers are satisfied.