What's new

Interesting news about Fusion 360

KeithH

You obviously know everything abot machining. I won’t deny that. But alibre or geomatics could both have made the programs work after changing of hands. They did NOT because they did NOT want to

JST

Alibre Super User
..............But alibre or geomatics could both have made the programs work after changing of hands. They did NOT because they did NOT want to

I do not deny that. 3DS certainly had no incentive to spend any money on it, and the "New Alibre" had no incentive to try to duplicate the old server system at considerable cost either.

I do not recall how that was resolved, was there not a path forward provided? 3DS maintained it for a year by agreement, and then the hammer dropped. I seem to remember that there was a way to get an Alibre equivalent version to the Geomagic if action was taken during that year. It was a long time ago, and I just wanted to forget those turkeys at 3DS.

sboivin

I figured this would happen. It was only a matter of time.

I've seen it way too many times where subscription-based cloud programs change features in a way that hurts their customers. These companies essentially force you to maintain the subscription. As soon as you stop subscribing, you have to pay more to get the same features you had previously.

Being fairly new to CAD, Alibre was much easier to learn for me anyway. Glad I didn't invest much time with Fusion 360.
Well I tried it during the Geomagic years with no success...