What's new

Invisible text

Markaj

Hi, I have a pretty basic question here;
When I create a 2D drawing of a 3D model, I can put dimensions, callouts etc. in as expected, but no text is visible! The leader lines & arrows show - but no text at all.
Altering the text size makes no difference, nor does toggling the dimension visibility. Is there a text visibility toggle somewhere that I haven't found?
I am running Geomagic 2014, 64 bit on Windows 7 (64 bit). Graphics card is a GeForce GT630.
Hopefully I am missing something blindingly obvious!
Thanks in advance, Mark

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 5

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure anti-aliasing is set to application controlled in the nVidia control panel.

Markaj

Thanks David,
I found that I needed to disable 'advanced 2D rendering' on the display bit of the system preferences - which I guess amounts to turning off the anti-aliasing.
I am currently have Vectorworks working at the same time, & had no reason to suspect anything would be wrong with the graphics!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The advanced 2D rendering setting used to be a common problem when first available, most modern cards shouldn't have problems with it. This is not the same as the anti-aliasing setting.

Note that with advanced 2D rendering turned off, shaded views and draft views will not be available in 2D.