What's new

Is Keyshot 2 for Alibre 'complete'?

Nick Lumb

Is the new offering Keyshot 2 for Alibre a complete product or do we then have to buy other bits to make it do what we want?

Specifically, does it include timbers; oak, cherry, ash?

I ask this because a while back I spent serious money to upgrade from Standard to Professional Alibre IN ORDER to get photorealistic rendering; when it came it was not a complete product and I was told I needed to spend more money in order to get the materials I use. This time I would like to know how much I am spending before I start.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
There are no additional materials as you move up the product line in KeyShot. That isn't how the 2 products are differentiated. Materials are, however, easy to create. There are many free resources for wood textures available online that you can use for the basis of creating your own library. Additionally, Luxion apparently has plans to open a material library as well where users can share materials. I have no idea if or when that would actually happen, but that's what I've heard.

Both products come with around 8 wood textures. Most are oak, but wood planks are also available. Creating a new texture is as simple as finding a wood image online and using it inside a new material that you make.

For a comparison of the 2 products, please visit the Keyshot page on our site: http://www.alibre.com/products/keyshotgate.php

This will let you know the exact differences between the two and whether or not one would fit your needs better than the other.

Max

Lukz23

I have Alibre PE, that exports *.bip files. I have the right to buy $199 KeyShot for
Alibre Edition?