What's new

Itemising Assembly Drawing Problem

Good morning all,
I have a problem itemising parts in an assembly. I can only label 2 parts at a time. After 2, the apply box stays grey when I select another part. I then need to close the callout window and re-open and select 2 more. It used to allow me to itemise all the parts without closing/opening the callout box.
Is it just me?
I am using the latest version.
PRODUCTVERSION 15,0,1,15081 64-bit
Thanks.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Walter - by 'itemise' are you referring to adding balloon call-outs ?

[EDIT - I've just successfully applied 5 balloon call-outs without having to re-open the dialogue]

Hi David, yes that is what I was referring to.
I just tried an older drawing, and it works fine.
It only appears to be happening on drawings I created recently.
It isn't a huge problem, just wondered if I was the only one seeing it.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I've just tried it on new drawings (of existing assemblies) in both 32 and 64 bit versions, no problems.

I have not yet tried a new assembly.

This is weird, I re-booted and opened the last drawing I was working on and now it works correctly.
I tried that last week but it didn't help.
I also opened other drawings that it was happening on, and it works correctly on them too.
I hate software. Or maybe it's me.
Thanks though,

waltermcleod said:
This is weird, I re-booted and opened the last drawing I was working on and now it works correctly.
I tried that last week but it didn't help.
I also opened other drawings that it was happening on, and it works correctly on them too.
I hate software.
Shh, you'll wake the anxieometric subroutine. Do you have any idea how long how many programmers worked developing the routine to instantiate quasi-random bug selection routines when the user's anxiety-level reaches a critical level? If you reach the next level on anxiemetric sensing, it reaches into the Blue Screen of Death! level of selections -- something you really want to avoid. Just remember, stay calm and be happy! ;-)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the guys at Geomagic don't do that kind of thing, but some programmers do. When at University I was horrified to hear stories from a fellow student who had worked during his gap year for a large and well known software/consulting company. He was quite open about the fact that bugs were deliberately placed into large, expensive projects, just so that the client would be forced to call back the provider to sort out the problems when the bugs surfaced after a period of time!

indesign

Alibre Super User
DavidJ said:
I hope the guys at Geomagic don't do that kind of thing, but some programmers do. When at University I was horrified to hear stories from a fellow student who had worked during his gap year for a large and well known software/consulting company. He was quite open about the fact that bugs were deliberately placed into large, expensive projects, just so that the client would be forced to call back the provider to sort out the problems when the bugs surfaced after a period of time!

I think it happens very frequently. Not sure if it is for the programmer's benefit or the company. If someone writes code that only they know how it works it becomes very difficult to have others figure it out. So they have an issue after release and then they can add some OT fixing the issue and become the hero of sorts at the same time. Or when a company can say that's the best it gets until next release so stick around for the new version (at a cost of course).

Dave H

I think it happens very frequently. Not sure if it is for the programmer's benefit or the company. If someone writes code that only they know how it works it becomes very difficult to have others figure it out. So they have an issue after release and then they can add some OT fixing the issue and become the hero of sorts at the same time. Or when a company can say that's the best it gets until next release so stick around for the new version (at a cost of course).

Hmmmmm..... :shock:
Sounds familiar.... :lol: