What's new

Keyshot 2 Build 46 - 64 Built

elzaan1

My Keyshot keeps shutting down. It starts to render and at 30% it bunks out and shuts down the PC. = KS says they do not know why. But today I looked some YOUTUBE (Audi R10) vids and it shutted down on the first one too and then on a restart it was ok, and at the same time I thought to try KS 2.0 again and it ran a render through, there - after all renders was shutted down again. Why. I worked on Ralf's settings and even lowered the settings. Just do not want to work.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Konrad,

Can you upload your Alibre assembly *.stp / *.bip file / 3D PDF file?
With this file, we can test, also with different hardware.

elzaan1

Ralf - just something stupid I use for testing. On Bunkspeed it is 100%, no problems. Otherwise I will rather keep TurboCad for renders with the advantage to do some tweaking on a render in terms of a CAD tool. Just as good and fast. Not wanting to waste money on something that does not work or deliver.

Attachments

• Bed Frame-1T.stp
    220.6 KB · Views: 91

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Konrad,

Neither with Alibre, nor with KeyShot, I can reproduce a crash or something similar...
Can you send your KeyShot *. bip file?
(Perhaps you have overlooked something in the settings.)

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Konrad,

With a "Default KeyShot installation": On your desktop you can find a folder: KeyShot Resources -> Scenes

BobSchaefer

Konrad,

Let's take a step back, are you saying that when you attempt to use keyshot, its physically shutting down your computer? Not shutting down the application, but the entire computer? If so, then I don't think you have a software problem, but a hardware problem, most likely power supply related. Either that or video card related. The big thing to remember with KeyShot now, is that it uses the video card to help with the rendering, so its upping the load on the computer, which makes a weak power supply slowly die. If that's not what you mean, then it could still be related.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Additionally to what was already said make sure your PC is well cooled. Make sure your heatsinks are well secured with thermal paste and not loose. There are many topics online more specifically about these things.

Also it could be some other program that is running in the background. Possibly something malicious.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
elzaan1 said:
My Keyshot keeps shutting down. It starts to render and at 30% it bunks out and shuts down the PC. = KS says they do not know why. But today I looked some YOUTUBE (Audi R10) vids and it shutted down on the first one too and then on a restart it was ok, and at the same time I thought to try KS 2.0 again and it ran a render through, there - after all renders was shutted down again. Why. I worked on Ralf's settings and even lowered the settings. Just do not want to work.

I have something similar. I realised this only happens when I really push my PC to its limits. Not just with Keyshot but also some games too. Basically it just gets too hot and shuts down (or freezes... but that may be XP at fault there). My graphics card is only an Nvidia Geforce 8400 so when it gets to 90+ degrees celcius it's good night. The heat from the graphics card also affects the CPU as I use a laptop where cooling is generally a hassle.

Best way to check if heat is an issue is to install a little app called speedfan. You can google this, it is free to download. It will tell exactly the temperatures of all your systems components.