What's new

Keyshot 3

rollin45

Greetings,

I originally had the Alibre version of Keyshot, the pay for version. Recently I built a new computer and while re-installing my programs I ran into a little bit of difficulty with Keyshot, while fooling around with it trying to get things back to normal, I got an email from Keyshot saying that if one bought the full version of Keyshot 2, they would be eligible for Keyshot 3 when it came out which was to be very soon. I decided this might be a better route to go, so that is what I did.

The full version of Keyshot 2 runs very nicely, but now I have also downloaded version 3, it installed and everything looked good to go, but for some reason, it is crashing and the imported model is not visible, I was wondering if anyone else has been down this trail and if so , what are the fixes? I will get ahold of the Keyshot folks later ( after the weekend), but I was wondering if anyone had a fix in the meantime?

rollin'

rollin45

A bit of an update for those maybe wondering..... I was in contact with Keyshot, and the support people are wonderful.

I am happy to say the issue has been solved, and Keyshot 3 is a very nice upgrade. I didn't buy the motion add on, but for those who are interested in using exploded views etc. it looks like a great way to go.

No affiliation, just a happy camper.

rollin'

I too got AD and Keyshot 2 recently (October). And I got a new computer, and decided to just go with Keyshot 3 when I got the email about 3. Here's where the stories diverge though. I was told from Alibre today that "we've been alerted by keyshot that your serial does not apply for version 3." To get 3 I had to pay $105 today. Still don't have a key though. I bought late in the day. After I do get it up and running I'll see if I have the same import problems.

rollin45

The version I have is : 3.0.81.
Note: this is the full version of Keyshot, not the Alibre enabled version. I am experimenting with some surfacing software for some things (Rhino and Sketchup) and so I went with the full version to enable using the outputs of these programs well.

With the help of their support people, several things were tried, this latest version seems to have solved all the issues I was having. I am happy with both the software, and the help I got.

rollin'