What's new

KeyShot Rendering Question

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Part 1

I was wondering if some one can help me.

I have a panel with some text on it:

Then when I did a test KetShot rendering the text did not show up:

How can I get the text to show up on the rendering. The next post has the KeyShot file.

Attachments

• CrossOverText.jpg
    CrossOverText.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 17
  • MainGearCarriageAssembly-WetBrake Assm V3.86.jpg
    MainGearCarriageAssembly-WetBrake Assm V3.86.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 34

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Part 2:

I'm having problems up loading the file [ keeps timing out ]. Will try again later.

Rocket Nut

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
The text is recessed 3mm. The box lines are just lines and recess also 3mm with the "ThinWallCut" function.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Yeah, I'd say you either need to 'fill it in' by creating a new part in the assembly using 'project to sketch' on the recessed text or create a label(s) in a graphics program and apply them to the surface separately.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
jhiker said:
Yeah, I'd say you either need to 'fill it in' by creating a new part in the assembly using 'project to sketch' on the recessed text or create a label(s) in a graphics program and apply them to the surface separately.

Thanks for the advice.

I have been playing around with "project to sketch" with out luck. The help file is very confusing for me. I was wondering if you could help. I have pulled the panel out of assembly and can downloaded at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebyrwgytcooy8kb/MasterShockAbsorberMoutingPlate BasePart.AD_PKG?dl=0

I had to explode the "Return" text because the "R will throw an over lapping lines error. I explode them to erase the over lapping lines.

Thank you in advance. :D
This forum is ten times better then the help files. In don't know what I would do with you folks.

Rocket Nut

Attachments

• MasterShockAbsorberMoutingPlat.jpg
    MasterShockAbsorberMoutingPlat.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 22

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
RocketNut,
I'm not sure if anyone else has tried to take a look at your part yet, but I downloaded your part but it fails to open. It locks up Design and I finally get a Windows error message that the program is not responding and needs to close. Tried several times with the same results.

If you open the part in Design, roll back the dog bone to the base feature then save it, you should be able to upload to the forum with a smaller file size without needing to Package it. That may allow the part to be opened and do some trouble shooting as to the reason it is failing to open since it can be rolled forward and rebuilt one step at a time.

Of course someone else may have good results with the file as-is.

TylerDurden

Alibre Super User
I had the same issue with the part not opening. It required opening the cylinder assembly and saving, before the panel (plate) part would open.

The panel part seems overly complicated. I might simplify things by making the labeling a completely separate part, and using feature patterning.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Thanks for the great ideas. Expressly making the text a separate part. That means I can use that text part to create a silk screen mask. Which intern is less expensive then engraving.

As for the package being bad. That does not surprise me. I use the package to back up my projects, and have came across problems when restoring. The biggest complaint being file errors. Which I can figure out because file path/name is to long for the dialog box. Using Ctrl-A to select all text. Then Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V to copy to notepad, does not work.

As for complexity of the panel comes from the Boolean Subtraction function. I use it so when a ECN is issued, I don't have to update all the sub-assembly / assembly files that uses that part. In this case the hydraulic cylinder size might change. I only have to change the cylinder part file. These changes then trickle down through out the project. Thus the reason it's a package file not a part file. There is 2 Boolean parts that are subtracted from the panel.

Again Thanks for the great suggest, expressly making the text a separate part file.

Rocket Nut

Attachments

• WetBrake MainGear Assm.103.jpg
    WetBrake MainGear Assm.103.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 23