What's new

KEYSHOT V2 released

Uman

I have a license with Bunkspeed Hypershot through Alibre. Will I be able to upgrade to Keyshot V2 without additional costs?
What about when Hypershot V2 is released? Will I need to choose between the two or is it an initial upgrade commitment to Hypershot or Keyshot?

Jeff in Florida

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Decisions, decisions...
Some time ago Luxion was giving a free "upgrade" from Bunkspeed Hypershot to the same version of KeyShot v1.9; Web for Web, Pro for Pro. I think this offer is still valid even with the release of KeyShot v2. However, if you take some time to read through the FAQ's on the KeyShot web site I think your questions may be answered.

In short, it seems that to upgrade from HyperShot to KeyShot v2 your only option now has an upgrade fee attached.

If you want to wait until Bunkspeed launches their new Shot product there may be an upgrade fee there also. They were offering free upgrades to those who had purchased Hypershot 10 before the stuff hit the fan with their licensing.

My own plan had been to wait until Bunkspeed launches, but that may be quit a while, according to their forum they are still not ready to launch a beta product. If you read through the Bunkspeed forum there was quite a discussion on what the upgrade path would be for Shot v2.

Uman

Yes, the Keyshot FAQ were read, but the questions is what will Alibre do, not Keyshot or Bunkspeed. The purchase was through Alibre, so Bunkspeed nor Keyshot is on the hook to honor upgrade without charge. Alibre was the seller and they stated that earlier purchases of Bunkspeed Hypershot (from Alibre) would receive free upgrade when V2 was available through them; this was also stated on Alibre webpage when the purchase was made. I contacted Alibre and they confirmed this to be fact, before I purchased Bunkspeed Hypershot V1.9. Since then Alibre has broken partnership with Bunkspeed and has now partnered with Keyshot.

I contacted Alibre and they did not have an answer as of the date of this original posting.

Jeff in Florida

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Give us just a little bit of time. There will be a special version of KeyShot for Alibre Design that will be on the v2 platform but will be slightly modified from the feature set of 1.9. We are in the process of finalizing this, as well as direct BIP export in Alibre Design. We'll give some news when we have it - shouldn't be too long.

Max

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It's not currently planned for v13. I wouldn't say inevitable but I won't say never. Bigger fish at the moment.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It does. However, the new version for AD will have less import filters and a few other restrictions from the 1.9 version. This is why we're creating an explicit BIP exporter. More details to come.

Uman

Uman said:
The purchase was through Alibre, so Bunkspeed nor Keyshot is on the hook to honor upgrade without charge. Alibre was the seller and they stated that earlier purchases of Bunkspeed Hypershot (from Alibre) would receive free upgrade when V2 was available through them; this was also stated on Alibre webpage when the purchase was made. I contacted Alibre and they confirmed this to be fact, before I purchased Bunkspeed Hypershot V1.9. Since then Alibre has broken partnership with Bunkspeed and has now partnered with Keyshot.

Max said:
There will be a special version of KeyShot for Alibre Design that will be on the v2 platform but will be slightly modified from the feature set of 1.9. We are in the process of finalizing this, as well as direct BIP export in Alibre Design. We'll give some news when we have it - shouldn't be too long.

Max,

We still have not received an answer about the upgrade issue and I think others on this forum would be interested too.

What about the Alibre users that purchased Hypershot through Alibre, will our license be converted to a Keyshot license?

Also, Alibre promised a free upgrade to Hypershot V2 if purchased through Alibre, will this promise be honored?

Please brief us on these issues.....

Thanks and looking forward to V2
Jeff in Florida

Max

Administrator
Staff member
As i stated before, we will have an announcment shortly to coincide with the alibre version of keyshot as well as the new bip exporter. I cant tell you more for a week or two, so please be patient.