What's new

Lack of Motion

pc-6

I have built a servo with a rotating output shaft. This was built in several pieces and then assembled. Once this assembly was completed, I was able to rotate the shaft with the click and drag method. Once this assembly was inserted as a subassembly into another assembly, I was then unable to rotate the shaft. How do I fix this before I add more parts to this which must then move also.
I have attached a screen shot, but was unable to attach the assembly file as it is to large.
Any input would be much appreciated.

Leif

Attachments

• Servo Shaft movement.jpg
    Servo Shaft movement.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 69

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Right click on the subassembly in the Design Explorer and select the Make Flexible option.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have constrained some part of the sub assembly in the top level assembly so it doesn't move freely - if it's totally unconstrained in the main assembly then moving any part of it will instead move the whole sub assembly.

pc-6

I have the case of the servo anchored in the original servo assembly. The Base tray is anchored in the main assembly where the problem is occuring.
I also have the servo constrained to the Base tray in the main assembly.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Without seeing the file I'm not sure what the answer is. If you can't upload it (try zipping it up and seeing if that helps) then you should probably contact support. The fix is probably easy.

pc-6

I Spoke with support and they pointed out the failed constraints.
They were not sure why this happened, and I am unable to resolve these easily. When I get a few hours I will start the assembly over again and hopefully can avoid these constraint problems.
I'll post when I get this done and we will see where things go with that.

Leif

pc-6

All is well now.
I started the entire assembly over from the begining, and made sure all constraints work 100%.
I don't know why but sometimes certain features of parts can not be constrained properly, even when on other identical parts these same features constrain without a problem. Just a Alibre idiosyncracy I guess.
All part of the learning curve.

Thankyou all for your input.

Leif