What's new

Lack of response from tech support

bobster

Here's my question that I entered 9/21 and still have no response.
Gives me lots of confidence in the new 3D Systems Alibre:
"Update a Support Incident
CaseNumber:
Created On:
9/21/2011
Reported
Type:
How Do I?
Subject:
Are 64 bit Vault & 32 bit Alibre compatible?
Description:
I am currently runnin the 64 bit version of Alibre Expert and Vault on Windows 7. I want to use motion and some other 32 bit addons and will therefore replace the 64 bit version of Alibre with the 32 bit version temporarily. (until the 64 bit apps are released) Question: Can I leave the 64 bit version of Vault installed and use it with 32 bit Alibre? Second question: I run both 64 & 32 bit versions of Photoshop CS5 on the same computer, is there any way to do this with Alibre?
Submitted On
Comments
9/24/2011
When can I expect an answer?

How about it Max? What's changed? The few times I've asked support a question I got much faster response????

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
You think thats bad. I have one dating back to 4/5/2011. Mine deals with a constrain error that beens Escalated to Dev, not with vault or 64/32 issuses.

keyepitts

I've noticed that once an incident gets "escalated to dev", you won't get anymore updates on the issue. The dev team will investigate the problem and hopefully fix it in a future release.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
It seems like that case. For me I have a Assm. that the entire project hings on that on hold awaiting for a response. Luckly for me there are a LOT other SubAssm. I can work on. The over all project is HUGE with alot of sub assm.

A

Anonymous

This case was misclassified it has been reopened and assigned. Sorry for the confusion.

bobster

I just recieved the answer to my 32 bit ALibe VS 64 bit vault question:

""I apologize for the delayed reply. To answer your questions:

1. The Alibre Vault (M-files) is a stand alone program and it does not depend on Alibre Design, in other words, you can install the 64bit version of the Vault and use it with Alibre 32bit.

2. Unfortunately only one version of Alibre can be installed at a time, be it 32bit or 64bit. If you try to install another version of Alibre you will be prompted with a message saying that Alibre is already installed. ""

Now I feel better and I can move back to 32 bit Alibre so I can continue the test of the FemDesigner s/w.

rollin45

keyepitts said:
Good, I think quite a few of us are waiting to hear how you like FEMdesigner before we part with any money.

There is a whole lot more truth than poetry in this statement.
:mrgreen:
rollin'

bobster

First report:
Re-loaded Alibre as a 32 bit application.
Re-installed FemDesigner for Alibre
Femdesigner appears in the menu bar as Alibre FEA, also appears in the add-on manager.
Just got started so I don't have much to report except at first glance it is working.
Once Alibre FEA is selected an FEA explorer tab appears in the design tree.
I started with a sample from the tutorial.
It loaded, it meashed successfully, applied material (manually, as directed in tutorial), restrained, applied loads and solved the model.
This was a very quick test but it is encouraging.
I will go through the tutorials and then develop a set of test cases.

I will start a new thread in the add-ons section and post the test cases, results, screen shots and everything I experience while getting to know this FEA s/w.