What's new

Library

pridbor

Is there a standard-sized Bolts and Washers library?

I need a simple 6mm Bolt and can design it with threads if needed, but it seems like a waste of my time if there's a library available with these types of devices.

Or is the Library function only for my own generated items?

Thanks

Preben

P.S. Sorry if this has been beaten to death but I have never had the use for standard stuff before, and not seen it mentioned in these posts either. I did search :)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Library is mainly for your own stuff, though there is an ISO fasteners library for it that ships with AD. That may well cover what you need. Not at my main computer right now, so can't direct you to the file.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Got back to my main computer - the Fasteners (ISO).AD_LIB file can be found at C:\ProgramData\Alibre Design\27.0.0.27038\Part Generator

Import that into the Library - be aware it will take several minutes to complete, so be patient.

It includes bolts, nuts and plain washers.

Hopefully not long now before we start to see 'standard parts' content for the new spreadsheet driven designs....

pridbor

When "importing" the bolt into the assembly, I see "threads," visual only I seem to recall.

But when importing into a part design, there are no threads. Is this normal?

I was planning to shorten a bolt and store it locally, and that works, or, even better, if possible, add it back into the library.