What's new

Licenses used up?

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Just started up Alibre and got this message:

Capture.JPG

Any ideas? Alibre was working fine yesterday. And I only have one PC so no idea why there aren't any more available. Should be at least one more since we all have two, right? I have emailed Alibre about this but on the off-chance they don't respond in time I thought I'd post here too.

TIA

bigseb

Alibre Super User
And... I can click the 'release' button it says the the license is the released. But when I re-enter the code I again get the message above.

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
We're in the process of syncing data between our licensing server and our CRM. The nature of the sync shouldn't have any impact on licensing, but it appears we've received a few tickets where it has. The update will be done shortly. I suspect it will only affect customers who launch while the sync is occurring.

Quick and easy way to solve this (if you're on maintenance) is to release your license - https://www.alibre.com/licenseportal/and then launch Alibre again.

If you're not on maintenance, you can email support@alibre.com and they'll release the license for you. The update will be done within the next 15 minutes. You should be able to launch then without any issues.

Cheers,
Jonathan

BrianE.Evans

Ok the thing made me release the license , then when I re enter the key from my book which I know worked before , it tells me it is an invalid key and I have to pay maintenance, However according to my records My maintenance is not due until November.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Brian, support replied to you ticket 10 hours ago - please check your mail or the support portal.

BrianE.Evans

I got that email , which verified my license key , I still cannot get past the portal that says release the license ,when I do the next portal where you enter the license key will not allow me to type in it , it just stays blank.
B.E.

BrianE.Evans

Ok I finally broke the code. Going to the licensing portal that shows the license number and your email address , I kept getting an invalid login.
So just for kicks and grins since I knew the license had been verified , I tried old email addresses that have since been disconnected. On the third try an old email address activated the license. I am now back in.
B.E.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Brian,

The response from support did not require you to access the portal - the portal is not used to activate licences. Please respond to the support ticket to confirm issue is resolved, or to give details of any remaining issue.

BrianE.Evans

David ,
I sent you an email this morning I am now able to use the program , using the method I described above.
Brian E Evans.